Sanctuary Organ - Austin op. 1301, 1925; rebuilt 1999-2001
The sanctuary organ was finished in 1925, the same year as the completion of the church building. Built by the Austin Organ Company of Hartford, Connecticut, it is a splendid example of the orchestral type of organ built in the 1920s. At the time of its installation, it was the largest organ in Wisconsin, and today, is still the only four-manual instrument in the area. The four main divisions of the organ are installed in a large chamber behind the choir loft. Two smaller divisions are located on either side of the rear balcony. In 2001, the Austin Organ Company completely rebuilt the organ adding new ranks and restoring some which had previously been removed bringing the total to 49 ranks. A new console was built reusing the original ivory keyboards and incorporating modern, solid-state multiplex control systems.